- BFA Interior Design, UW-Stout: This means she has the educational training to know what will fit in your space and what won't. Her work in color theory, lighting, construction and real estate doesn't hurt either.
- Professional Member, American Society of Interior Designers (ASID): She has met all of the stringent criteria required for membership into the society, and continually upgrades her design knowledge by taking continuing education courses.
- NCIDQ Certificate Holder: This is the highest credential a professional interior designer can hold. This rigorous exam is required for state certification and shows that Teri knows her stuff.
- Registered Interior Designer: Teri is registered in the State of Wisconsin; she is qualified to work with your builder or architect to update your home or commercial space.
- Certified Professional Hunter Douglas Dealer: By staying up-to-date on the latest in window treatments, Teri can find the perfect product for your windows and budget.
- Author of Designing for Children: Teri's newest e-book is available at Amazon and offers professional tips and tricks for designing thoughtful and efficient spaces for children. More titles to come!
|Despite the fancy-pants design degree and professional credentials, Teri is determined to show the world that good design is for everyone - even those of us who do NOT live in a million-dollar home. She sums up her design philosophy this way:|
"I believe good interior design should be accessible to everyone - not just the very wealthy. Good design can change the way we live and work, making us more efficient, more productive and feeling better in our surroundings. Design is so much more than just 'the pretty things' that make a house a home."
Why Work with Teri?
In many ways, Teri doesn't work like a typical interior designer. This may be refreshing to you, as you search for a designer for your next home or office project:
- Teri works within YOUR budget. Setting a budget at the beginning of the project puts everyone on the same page, and ensures you get your project done within your budget, no matter how large or small. Whether you need custom products or ready-made items, Teri will help you improve your space on your budget.
- Teri is more than happy to work with DIYers (Do-It-Yourselfers). If you simply need help selecting paint colors, and you want to do the painting yourself, give her a call. Need window treatment ideas or fabric, but you are handy with a sewing machine? Teri is willing to meet with you on your terms.
- Teri has a list of trusted local contractors who can finish your job right the first time. If you need help finishing your project, whether it's an extensive remodel or tile installation, Teri has the sources to help you get it done right. You are also welcome to work with your own contractors, if you already have a team in place.
- Teri is more interested in getting the results you want, not in selling you expensive things. She would rather be your trusted advisor, so you can trust that her advice is based on what's best for you, not for her monthly sales total. This is NOT how most interior designers prefer to work, as it means they aren't able to sell you more stuff. While Teri has sources for anything you may need to finish your project, you are welcome to shop on your own, as well.
Now, for a few things you may not know about Teri:
- Teri likes good pizza, good wine and good chocolate, not necessarily in that order.
- Teri almost always sings to the car radio, much to the dismay of her husband and two children.
- Teri is originally from Northern Minnesota, and loves to visit that area whenever she has the chance. Yes, she is an Iron Ranger at heart! In fact, she worked in a taconite mine one summer.
- Teri’s house is far from perfect; the interior decorating is a work in progress, and there is generally a stack of junk mail on the kitchen counter waiting to be sorted. It’s a little like the cobbler’s children who have no shoes – a designer’s home is always the last to be finished. So, don’t worry that Teri will be judging your home when she visits; she is there to help!